I’ve been really enjoying thai red curries recently, so thought I’d try a green one for a change. This recipe popped up on the Tesco site so I thought Id give it a go as their own-brand thai curry paste is fish-free!🙂
DH & I both really liked it & it was dead easy to make, but the next time I made it I added some tofu to increase the protein.
Obviously the amounts & types of veg below can be changed to suit whatever you like/happen to have in the fridge and how hungry you are!
Thai Green Tofu
- tofu, drained & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large tin (400ml) of coconut milk
- 2 heaped tbsp of Thai green curry paste
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, divided into small florets
- 100g mangetouts or snow peas, trimmed
- 100g baby sweetcorn, cut in half
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- rice or noodles
- Dry the tofu (I wrap it in a clean tea-towel & put under the heavy chopping board for 30mins)
- Don’t forget to put the rice or noodles on!
- Heat some oil in a frying pan or wok and brown the tofu
- While that’s cooking, put the coconut milk into another pan, then stir in the green curry paste and bring to a simmer.
- Add the courgettes and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets, mange touts and sliced baby sweet corn and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with the tofu, toasted whole cashew nuts with some boiled rice or rice noodles.
Like this? How about: