When I saw this recipe on Oh She Glows I just knew I had to make it! Or rather eat it, anything involving this much chopping I hand over to DH, as although I am perfectly capable, it will take me forever!
After reading the original post, I haven’t been able to justify getting a spiralizer (yet), but I did immediately order a Julienne Peeler, which DH tells me is fab.
Despite some initial suspicion from DD1(5) about the ‘sauce’, the kids both love this & the amount below serves the four of us perfectly.
- 1 medium courgette, julienned or spiraled
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3/4 cup edamame
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
for the dresssing
- 1 garlic clove
- 0.25 cup no added salt or sugar peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2.5 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 0.5 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- prep the courgette, carrots, pepper and cabbage & put into a large bowl to mix
- make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients with a whisk or in a mini food processor
- serve the salad topped with the edamame, spring onions, seeds & dressing
Like this? How about: