It’s Easter so I thought I’d better make something Chocolately with the kids.
DD1(4.5) helped me make the nests. DD2 woke up from her nap in time to add the eggs. We had them for pudding at tea time. Everyone was happy.
I made less than the original recipe as we only had 2 shredded wheat, and I knew that we would eat how ever many we made!
- 2 shredded wheat
- 50g milk chocolate
- 50g plain chocolate
- 35g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 0.5 tbsp cocoa
- 18 chocolate mini eggs
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl, together with the butter, syrup and cocoa.
- Melt the chocolate. I do this in a microwave, but you could do it in a bain marie
- Remove from the heat and continue to stir until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Break up the shredded wheat into a bowl
- Pour the shredded wheat into the chocolate and mix until all the twiggy bits are coated.
- Put 6 muffin cases into a muffin tray & spoon the mixture into them.
- Use your fingers to make a small dip in the middle of each nest. Press chocolate mini eggs into each dip.
- Set aside and leave the chocolate nests to set. I put ours in the fridge for about 1.5hrs