This is such a simple dish & so very tasty. DH made it last week when we were away with friends & they loved it too.
Our dried spaghetti takes around 10mins to cook, if you are using fresh you might find it better to put the pasta on after you have added the tomatoes to the pan.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Basil
- 0.25 cup good olive oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 pints small cherry tomatoes
- 9 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh curly parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 0.5 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon freshly ground salt
- 0.25 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 200g dried wholewheat spaghetti (or other pasta of your choice)
- 0.75 cups freshly grated VEGETARIAN Parmesan-style cheese
- Extra chopped basil and grated Parmesan for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook as per instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn it!
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for five to seven minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften but don’t break up.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add the tomatoes and Parmesan, and toss well. Add some of the pasta water if the pasta seems too dry. Serve large bowls of pasta with extra basil sprinkled on top and a big bowl of extra Parmesan on the side.
Like this? How about: