I only ever have halloumi on the BBQ. As it doesn’t look like we’re going to have one any time soon (it’s still in the box in the garage) I needed another way to get my fix. A salad seemed the easiest way. It was very easy to make, and very tasty. I was a bit dubious about the yogurty dressing, but it turned out to be really nice & I’ll definately be having it again.
Halloumi Cheese Salad
- 250g pack of halloumi cheese
- 1 bag of watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g sugar snap peas
for the dressing
- 4tbsp of Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2tsp of chopped basil
- 2tsp of chopped parsley
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 8 thin slices and grill or fry until golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the spinach, watercress and rocket salad, cherry tomatoes & sugar snap peas
- For the dressing, mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, 1tbsp of water, chopped basil and parsley.
- Add the grilled cheese and dressing to the salad, toss gently and serve.
Like this? How about: