Since DC3’s arrival I’ve been trying to make my life easier when it comes to meal prep, so I’ve been looking for some interesting salads that are easy to make, I can eat at home, DH can take to work & the kids can have for their tea – this Mexican Quinoa Salad recipe seemed to fit the bill.
The first time I made it I over-cooked the quinoa & there was far too much of it, so the next time I reduced the quanity & the cooking time and it was much better. I also omitted the spring onions, and garlic as neither I or the kids are keen on the in salads (sorry DH!) I also added some avocado, just because we love it
Mexican Quinoa Salad
- 0.5 cup uncooked quinoa
- 400g tin black beans, drained & rinsed
- 325g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 0.5 cup chopped fresh corriander(or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ciabatta or other nice bread
- 1 avocado, diced
- Rinse and drain quinoa.
- Add to a pan of boiling water & cook for 10 minutes (this was perfect for me, YMMV)
- Rinse and drain black beans
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk together to thoroughly combine.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine or serve with the dressing on the side.
- Can either serve immediately or chill before serving.