I’ve been on the lookout for salads the whole family will enjoy & this recipe from the Oh She Glows Cookbook (on my amazon wish list!) is a noodly variation on our favourite raw pad thai & everyone loved it.
Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
for the sauce
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp low-salt soy sauce or tamari
for the salad
- 4 portions of soba noodles
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for the noodles
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen shelled edammame, thawed
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 0.5 cucumber, diced
- 1 carrrot, julienned
- 4 spring onions, chopped, plus more for serving (we omitted this as the kids don’t like them)
- 0.25 cup fresh corriander leaves, chopped
- sesame seeds, for serving
- Make the Sauce: Combine the garlic, sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, and 2-3 Tbl water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Make the noodles: Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on the package. Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss them with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (to prevent them from sticking).
- Make the salad: Add the edamame, bell peper, cucumber, carrot, spring onions, and coriander to the bowl with the noodles and toss until well combined.
Like this? How about: