Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana. Could there be a better combination for a tasty, healthy(ish) snack?
I found these little chaps on Pinterest, and couldn’t resist making them. I used a few squares of Green & Blacks dark chocolate instead of the chocolate chips, and as I didn’t have any coconut oil I used this ‘healthy’ oil I got from my supermarket instead.
The kids both loved them, and have demanded them again soon.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 large ripe banana, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, or other ‘healthy’ oil
- Slice the banana and place on a plate or baking tray in the freezer while you make the chocolate dip.
- Put the peanut butter, oil & chocolate in a small bowl and microwave for fifteen seconds. Stir briskly, then microwave for another fifteen seconds. Stir briskly again. Repeat until the chocolate has all melted.
- Stir the oats into the chocolate dip.
- Lay some parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Get the bananas out of the freezer and roll them one at a time in the chocolate dip, coating all sides. Then lay flat on the parchment paper. Repeat with all the banana slices.
- Place bites in the freezer to fully chill before eating
The original recipe suggests that these will keep for a few days in the freezer, but I can’t see that happening in our house!
Like this? How about: