It’s only now I look at the recipe again I realise that I failed to actually read and/or follow it! (I put the bananas in the sticky goo before cooking) Oh well, I’ll just have to make it again!
The first batch I made with honey for the kids & while they were cooling I made another batch for me using maple syrup. I served them with plain greek yogurt, but think they would be good with ice-cream too.
Once cooled, we quickly discovered that DD1(5) doesn’t like “soft” (cooked) bananas, she did however love the yogurt covered in warm cinnamony honey! DD2(2.5) scoffed all of hers down & I loved both the honey & maple syrup versions.
The original recipe says this serves two. I ate it all myself. Don’t judge me, you know you would have done the same 🙂
- 1 large banana
- 2 tsp runny honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- spray oil
- your favourite plain yogurt or perhaps ice-cream
- Slice banana into 5-10mm slices
- Combine honey/maple syrup & cinnamon into small bowl
- Spray pan with spray oil
- Once pan is warm, add banana slices
- Cook on one side until browned (1-1.5 minutes) then flip over & cook (another 1-1.5 minutes)
- Add honey/maple syrup & cinnamon mixture over banana slices
- Flip bananas back over one more time for a few seconds & then serve
Like this? How about: