I found this burrito recipe on Vegetarian Dad’s blog & thought I’d give it a go to see if it would be a suitable take-to-work lunch.
DH ended up making them while I played with the kids. We both enjoyed them, but I did think they were a bit dry & will add some kind of yogurty/sour cream/sauce the next time we make them. Unfortunately the kids weren’t so keen which surprised me as they both love beans, rice & carrots! – DD1(5) is being ultra-fussy about anything ‘spicy’ at the moment, and as soon as she says she doesn’t like something, DD2 (2.5) just says the same <sigh>
- 6 large tortilla wraps
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 75g white long grain rice, boiled and drained
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 400g tin of pre-cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 3 tbs sunflower oil, for roasting
- green salad, guacamole or salsa
- Have you cooked the rice yet? If not, do it now!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place a good measure of the mixture into the tortillas and roll to form wraps folded at both ends.
- When all of the mixture is used up, place the wraps on a roasting or baking tray and brush all over with the oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly brown, turning once.
- When cool, halve the wraps and serve with a green salad, guacamole or salsa of your choice.
Like this? How about: