I’m always Pinning no-bake ball type snacks, and decided that I should actually make some today. I’m so glad I did!
These little fellas took about 5 mins to make, were ready to eat after another 15 min and provided the chocolately hit we needed.
The original recipe called for brown rice syrup, which I had never heard of before, so used Maple Syrup instead with no disastrous consequences. I also used 4 chopped up squares of Green & Blacks dark chocolate instead of the chocolate chips.
They were delicious. Both DD1 (5) & DD2(2.5) were demanding more – DH & I had to share the last one as neither of us was willing to let the other have it all!
- 1 cup Crisp Rice cereal
- 0.25 cup low salt/sugar crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 0.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Line a plate or baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a (microwave safe) medium sized bowl, stir together the peanut butter, maple syrup, chocolate, and vanilla extract. Microwave on high for 35-45 seconds.
- Stir well and immediately add in the 1 tsp cocoa powder. Stir until incorporated.
- Immediately stir in the rice crisp cereal until all rice crispies are coated.
- Wet hands thoroughly and shape spoonfuls of the mix into golf-ball sized balls. (make sure you squish it together firmly). Wet your hands after each ball is formed so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Place the balls onto parchment paper and freeze for 5 minutes.
- You can apparently keep the balls in the freezer in a sealed container, but we didn’t try that out. Instead we let the balls sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before eating.
Like this? How about: