I am so very, very, very bored of taking sandwiches to work for lunch I thought I would make this. When I lived alone, I just to eat loads of roasted veg as it was so quick & easy to make, and now it’s even quicker if I get DH to do the chopping!
We shopped so much veg we had to use two trays to roast it in, but still ate the lot between us, although we wished we had had taken about half the amount in & topped the lunch boxes up with salad – we wouldn’t have been quite so stuffed & it would have lasted two days!
I missed out the garlic, as I didn’t want to stink the office out (I eat at my desk)
The original recipe says the amounts below will serve 4 for “a lunchbox meal”
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, halved and deseeded
- ½ butternut squash
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 50g whole blanched almonds
- 250g couscous
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 20g pack mint, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash).
- Tip all the veg into a baking tray, add garlic, 2 tbsp oil and seasoning, then mix and roast for 20 mins.
- Add onion, cumin, harissa and almonds.
- Roast for another 20 mins, then cool.
- Put couscous into a large bowl, pour over the stock, cover, then set aside for 10 mins.
- When cooked, fluff up with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix zest, juice and remaining oil.
- Squeeze garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint.
- Pour over the veg, then toss with the couscous.
Like this? How about: