I’ve been making granola every sunday night for a few weeks now – DD1(5) loves it, so I can be sure that she has eaten a good breakfast before going off to school. (It usually lasts until Wednesday!)
So last week I asked her what kind of granola I should make, expecting her to say her favourite (peanut butter), but instead she said she wanted “vanilla”. No idea where this idea came from, but I duly googled and found this recipe, which I merged with a previous recipe (have you looked Emily’s other granola recipes?) to come up with this. Which everyone loved – yay!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 6 tbsp mild oil (e.g. canola, coconut, safflower, I use this)
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Combine oats & almonds in a medium to large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine oil, maple syrup & vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Pour maple syrup mixture into oat mixture. Stir until the oats have been coated in maple syrup mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread so granola is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.
- Serve plain, with your favorite fresh or dried fruits, or with your favorite milk or yogurt.
Like this? How about: