DD1(4.5) has recently decided she adores the wonder-food quinoa, so I’ve been searching out some suitable recipes for her to try.
I made a few changes to this recipe to make it a bit more acceptable to her, mainly omitting the jalapeno & dressing. (I did serve the dressing on the side, but none of us really liked it)
Both she & DD2(2) loved it & I think it would make a good packed lunch too.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 medium red pepper, halved, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 to 3 ripe avocados, sliced
- Cook the quinoa as directed. Drain well & cool.
- Put quinoa, red pepper, cucumber, and chopped coriander in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the sliced avocado on a platter or individual serving plates. Spoon the quinoa salad on and around the avocado. Garnish with coriander, and serve immediately.
Like this? How about: