DD1(4.5) was eating all the cold green beans out of my salad when we were on holiday, so I thought I’d try to make my own. This recipe looked the best out of the ones Google offered me & the girls and I all enjoyed it.
TBH, I can’t remember the exact quantities I used, but I’m sure they were somewhere along the lines of the original recipe. I’ll pay more attention next time. Promise!
I missed out the red onion (because neither the girls nor I really like it), and served the dressing on the side (because DD1 doesn’t usually like it). We also added some avocado because we all love it 🙂
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into mouth-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped (optional)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, at room temperature, halved
- 100g crumbled organic feta cheese
- Cook the green beans (I steam them).
- Drain & place in cold water.
- Drain again & pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic powder, mustard and pepper.
- Drizzle over beans if you want (or serve on the side later)
- Add the onion (if using) and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese.
Like this? How about: