DD1(4.5) announced one afternoon that she wanted to cook something. A quick scout around the kitchen confirmed my fear that we didn’t have much in the cupboards, so after much looking through recipes we eventually decided upon these mini fruit cakes
As with all of mamacook’s recipes, they were really easy to make, and I really liked them…. Unfortunately, DD1 decided to wait until we sat down to eat them to tell me that she didn’t like sultanas ^in^ things <sigh>
- 110g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 55g Butter
- 110g sultanas
- 100ml apple juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- A few gratings of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the apple juice, butter and fruit in a saucepan until the butter melts.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a bowl and allow to cool a bit.
- Add the egg, flour, vanilla, spices and stir it all together.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes or until cooked and springing back when pressed.
Like this? How about: