DD1(4.5) has recently decided that she LOVES Quinoa, so I have been googling to find recipes for us to try. (In case you didn’t know, Quinoa contains all of the essential amino acids, making it a “complete protein”)
I’ve also been looking for quick/easy/snacky-type food for DD2(2) to have for tea on a friday when we are always in a rush to go pick DD1 up from pre-school.
This recipe sounded perfect as it meant I could use the first yellow courgette harvested from my garden! I was going to make it with Quorn Ham, but forgot to buy any, so I added some sweetcorn instead.
DD2 ate a few, but didn’t seem overly keen. I thought they were nice, but not brilliant – I think they needed tastier ingredients to replace the ham, parmasan & spring onion that I ommitted. This recipe needs more work….
- 1/3 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup courgette, grated
- 1 cup grated orgain, vegetarian mature cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
Like this? How about:
- Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Basil
- Mushroom Pasta Bake
- Spaghetti & Quorn Meatballs
- Veggie Meatballs & Pasta