This was supposed to be an Israeli Cous Cous & Orzo Salad, but DH forgot to look for any Israeli Cous Cous when he went into town!
DD1(4.75) doesn’t like salad dressing, so we served ours on the side. It was really easy to make & everyone liked it.
- 8 ounces Israeli cous cous
- 8 ounces orzo
- 0.3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling over pasta
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 0.5 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (I used a mix of dried oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme & sage)
- 0.25 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved (If possible mix yellow & red ones)
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 large tin sweetcorn, drained
- 300g fresh mozzarella, drained and cut in bite sized pieces
- small fresh herb leaves, if desired, for garnish
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- fresh crusty bread
- Cook the Orzo & Cous Cous as per instructions.
- Drain well & drizzle with Olive Oil to prevent sticking & allow to cool
- Combine the 0.3 cup olive oil & herbs in a jug
- Add halved tomatoes, spring onions, corn and pastas to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add fresh mozzarella cubes and stir gently.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and serve with some nice bread.
Like this? How about: