We all love granola in this house – especially if I’ve made some using a recipe by Emily! A couple of weeks ago, part way through scoffing a bowl of the Peanut Butter & Honey one, DD1(4.75) suggests that the next time I make ‘nola, I should put nuts & seeds in it.
Always eager to please her ever-more fussy palette, I did just that.
She (and the rest of us did like it), but at the end of breakfast, she turned to me & said “Mummy, that was very nice, but perhaps next time you could make it with just peanut butter instead?” <sigh>
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup seeds (I used pumpkin & sunflower)
- 6 tbs safflower oil (I use this)
- 6 tbs pure maple syrup
- milk &/or a sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix together.
- Spread evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges (& you can bear the delicious smell no more)
- Let cool completely
- Crumble into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Try not to eat it all before it’s time to serve.
Like this? How about: