DH said it was really easy to make & we both loved it – I’m pretty sure the kids will like it too, so we will be making it again for them soon!
- 1/3 cup crunchy low salt/sugar peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce for sauce plus 2 tbsp for tofu
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and chopped into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh corriander, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 10 oz whole wheat noodles
- Prepare tofu by removing it from package and wrapping it in a clean tea-towel. If possible place something heavy on top (we use our wooden chopping board) to squeeze the water out. After 10-15 minutes it should be well drained, but if I have time I re-wrap it in a clean tea-towel and let it drain some more. When you’re ready cut the tofu into squares.
- Bring large pot of water to boiling and cook noodles as instructed on package.
- Prepare the sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and water in food processor or blender and blend.
- Toss the tofu cubes in 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1/3 cup of the peanut sauce.
- Heat nonstick pan (we use the wok) over medium high heat, add tofu, and lightly brown. (This usually takes about 10 minutes)
- When noodles are done, toss them with the shredded carrots, corriander, spring onions, peas, and remaining peanut sauce. Add tofu and toss to combine.
- Serve hot, topped with chopped peanuts.
Like this? How about: