I’m always on the lookout for salads that the kids might like & thought the combination of roasted tomatoes, olives & cheese would be irresistible to them…
…of course it didn’t work like that, neither of them liked the roasted tomatoes, and weren’t that keen on the rocket. I didn’t include the red onion as none of us are very keen on it. I didn’t bother giving DD1(4.5) any dressing as she has recently developed a dislike of balsamic vinegar. DD2(2) on the other hand loved the dressing and was demanding more to mop up with the bread.
- 6 medium (450g) baby plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, (yes this is extra)
- 250g baby rocket
- 1 large (300g) red onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 1/3 cup (50g) pitted black olives
- 60g organic feta cheese, cubed
- Cut tomatoes in half, lengthways. Place the tomatoes , cut side up on an oven tray, sprinkle with sugar. Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven for about 10 minutes or until just tender.
- For dressing, combine vinegar, mustard and the extra sugar in a small jug.
- Just before serving, combine rocket, onion, olives and tomato in a large bowl, drizzle the dressing over the salad and scatter with the feta cheese.
More salad ideas here:
- Halloumi Cheese Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Salad
- Thai Peanut Noodle Salad
- Raw Pad Thai
- Roasted veg & couscous salad