This was the first thing I made when I got my new food processor!
It’s quick & easy to make & we all love it. If I’m planning to have it in my packed lunch, then I don’t add any garlic – hope my colleagues in the office appreciate it!
The first time I made this I didn’t read the recipe properly & drained the chickpeas without saving the liquid, so used olive oil instead with no problems.
- 1 x 400g can chickpea , don’t drain
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- good squeeze lemon juice
- Drain the chickpeas into a sieve set over a bowl or jug to catch the liquid.
- Tip the chickpeas, tahini, garlic and yogurt into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- Whizz in a tbsp of the chickpea liquid at a time until you have a nice consistency, then scrape into a bowl, stir in a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste.