It was easy to make, although it took about 1.5hrs from start to finish.
It was absolutely delicious & everyone loved it! We will definately be making it again, although I will either be increasing the quantities or perhaps serving with potato wedges as DH & I would have liked more!
Serves 2 adults & 2 small children (but only just)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 (large) tin sweetcorn
- 100g (ish) grated cheese
- tortilla wraps – I used 6 mini wraps
First, make the sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the onion & pepper
- Cover & cook for 7mins until tender but not browned
- Add the garlic & cumin seeds and cook for another 2-3mins
- Add the tomatoes & cook, uncovered for 15mins until thickWhile that cooks….
- Drain & mix the kidney beans & sweetcornWhen the sauce is ready:
- Spread some sauce on the bottom of an overproof dish
- Place a tortilla on top of the sauce
- Add a layer of beans & sweetcorn & scatter some cheese over the top
- Top with another tortilla and repeat the layering.
- Spread the last bit of sauce over the top of the last tortilla & sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
- Bake for 30 minutes, and let it rest for 10-15mins before serving
Like this? How about: