This was a lovely light soup, perfect for the summer weather that finally appeared this weekend!
It was quick & easy to make, and everyone loved it. In fact there was only one thing wrong with it, and that was that there wasn’t enough of it! There was only enough for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 small children), but next time I will definately be doubling up the quantities.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 700ml water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 1/4 tsp dried corriander
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp powdered ginger
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- In a large pan, over medium heat, saute the garlic, onions, and carrots in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, veg stock, water, coconut milk, curry paste, cilantro, sugar, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are very soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of coconut milk.