I stumbled across this recipe & thought it would be good for a quick & easy, store-cupboard type meal of the kids.
They both ate it, but neither of them were that keen. DD1 complained about the lack of avocado(!) & DD2 just pulled it apart. DH had the leftovers for his lunch the next day & said they were lovely!
- 1 tin baked beans, drained
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated VEGETARIAN cheese
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Drain baked beans, spoon into bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Spread half the bean mixture on one side of each tortilla to within 1cm of edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the mashed beans.
- Place the red pepper strips along one edge of each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla tightly around peppers
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, slice about 2cm off each end of tortillas.
- Either slice remaining portion of tortilla roll into bite-sized slices, or, slice once diagonally across the center of the roll for two individual sandwiches.