Oh my, these ticked all the boxes – the main two being Easy & Delicious!
I only made half the quantity of the original recipe (restraint isn’t one of DH or the DD’s strengths) and that was a perfect amount for an afternoon snack for the four of us.
Unsurprisingly, everyone loved them! As DD2 is not-quite-two I chopped up half the nuts into smaller pieces & watched her like a hawk (she has a tendancy to eat like a squirrel – she stuffs loads of food into her cheeks & forgets to swallow!)
- 1 cup of nuts (I used walnut halves, pecans almonds and cashews)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat a dry frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Line a baking tray with some non-stick baking paper.
- Add the nuts and dry fry for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the maple syrup and continue stirring for about 3 minutes, until the nuts are fully coated and the syrup has caramelised and become very sticky.
- Space out the nuts on the piece of non stick baking paper. As they cool, the nuts will firm up, become shiny, and not sticky at all.
- If you have any left over (Ha!) you can apparently store them in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.