Both DH & I felt the need for some green stir-fry, so I searched BBC Good Food & found this recipe.
It called for marinated tofu, but our supermarket doesn’t sell it, so instead we marinated the drained tofu in soy sauce & baked it in the oven for about 30min
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head broccoli , cut into small florets
- 4 garlic cloves , sliced
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions , sliced
- 140g soya beans
- 2 heads pak choi , quartered
- 1 pack tofu
- 1 ½ tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce (add extra to suit your own taste)
- 25g roasted cashew nuts
- Drain the tofu (I wrap it in a tea-towel), & put the oven on. 200C
- Cut the tofu into bite sized pieces & then marinade it in some soy sauce.
- Bake the tofu in the ove for approx 30min
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick wok.
- Add the broccoli, then fry on a high heat for 5 mins or until just tender, adding a little water if it begins to catch.
- Add the garlic and chilli, fry for 1 min, then toss through the spring onions, soya beans, pak choi. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
- Add the hoisin, soy, nuts & tofu to warm through.