I’ve never made Nachos before. I think I’ve only eaten them once at the cinema & got annoyed by how much money I’d paid for a small plastic plate of greasy cheese. <ugh>
However, when I saw these Caprese Nachos with Pine Nuts I wondered if I should give them another go. I’m glad I did.
DD2 (1.10) loved them. DD1(4.4) first ate all the pine nuts, then picked the cheese off & just ate the crisps! 😮 Both the girls love cheese so I was gobsmacked that she refused to eat it, but I’m starting to think she doesn’t like ^melted^ cheese as she did a similar thing last time I made Cheese & Apple on toast <sigh>
I made this again for DH & I the next day (to use up the crisps & cheese), and he loved it, so I suspect I will be asked to make it again!
- tortilla crisps
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1.5 tbsp basil (I used dried, but fresh would be much nicer)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp pine nuts
- pre-heat oven to 180c/350F
- spread a couple of handfuls of tortilla crisps out onto a baking tray
- sprinkle cheese over them.
- scatter tomatoes, basil & pine nuts
- finally, drizzle some olive oil over the top
- Put into the oven for 5-10 mins, until the cheese has melted & the edges of the crisps are starting to brown (mine took 10min)
- transfer onto a cool plate (easier said than done), and eat