It was DH’s birthday last week, so I thought I should make him a special (belated) birthday breakfast and this was it.
It was really quick & easy to make (most of it is done in the blender) The DD’s only had a couple (they had already eaten 2 bowls of cereal while I was preparing the pancakes), but DH & I both really liked them & managed to scoff the rest between us.
We had run out of honey so we had maple syrup instead, and as requested byDD1, they were also topped with flaked almonds <yum>
- 190g Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 45g Ground almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 0.5 tsp Baking powder
- 0.25 tsp Almond Extract
- 300-350ml Milk
- 2 Ripe pears, grated
- A knob of butter
To serve (optional)
- Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- Flaked Almonds
- Grate the pears with the skin but discard the core.
- Put the grated pear, 300ml milk, egg, flour, almonds, extract and baking powder into a blender and blend until the flour has been incorporated. You want a consistency which is like double (heavy) cream, maybe a touch thicker so add a little more milk if needed.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan and cook in the pan. Cook until bubbles appear & burst, then turn over.
- Once browned on both sides, serve with a knob of butter and a drizzle of honey if you want.