Saw this & thought we should give it a go.
DH was the only one who actually had 3 slices of bread. There was no point giving the girls (4.3 & 1.9) a triple-decker as they would never get their mouths round it & I didn’t really fancy eating that much bread so just had 2 bits too.
DH & I thought it was nice. Not wonderful, but nice. DD1 said she didn’t like it (despite liking all the constituent parts) & DD2 just pulled it apart & licked the bread.
Perhaps the tomatoes were an important part (I missed them out as the ones we had in the fridge looked past their best) or perhaps I should have mixed the carrots & watercress together (I mis-read that bit). It was nice enough that I’ll probably make it again.
- 2 or 3 slices granary bread
- 1 large handful watercress
- 1 carrot , peeled and coarsely grated
- small squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 dessertspoons houmous
- 2 tomatoes , thickly sliced
- Toast the bread.
- Meanwhile mix the watercress, carrot, lemon juice and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Spread the houmous over each slice of toast.
- Top 1 slice with the watercress and carrot salad, sandwich with another slice of toast and top with the tomato.
- Lay the final slice of bread, houmous side down, then press down and eat as is or cut the sandwich into quarters.