DH usually pops the mushrooms & tomatoes in the oven (covered with foil) when he makes our morning tea, and by the time we’ve drunk that, and dragged ourselves downstairs they’re usually ready.
This serves 2 adults & 2 small, but greedy children who love eggs, but who can’t be persuaded to eat the tomatoes or mushrooms.
- organic, free-range eggs x 8
- facon x 6
- wholemeal bread x 4 slices
- tomatoes x 4
- mushrooms x 6
- Olive oil
- some butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the oven on to around 180C
- Quarter the tomatoes & mushrooms, put into a roasting dish along with a glug of olive oil & some freshly ground pepper. Cover with foil & put in the oven for about 30 mins.
- Drink a cup of tea
- Melt a knob of butter into a pan (for the eggs) and heat some oil in a frying pan (for the facon)
- Put the bread in the toaster
- Break the eggs straight into the pan, stab with a wooden spoon to burst the yolks & mix well. Add freshly ground pepper & stir regularly
- Gently fry the facon & drain on kitchen roll when cooked.
- Butter the toast.
- Put eggs, facon, tomatoes & mushrooms on plates as desired.