I’ve been taking hummus sandwiches to work most days for a long time now & was just thinking I needed to make a bit more of an effort to think of something different, when this recipe by dietitianuk popped up on my twitter feed.
I thought adding yogurt sounded a bit odd, but it turned out to be very tasty, so I will have to try adding some next time I make it with chickpeas. I also added a bit of chilli powder as suggested, which was very nice – I wonder if some smoky paprika would be good too?
I had this in my sandwiches with some cucumber, and when the girls & I got home from nursery we had it with breadsticks. DD2 (1.5) was stuffing it into her face as fast as she could, but DD1(4) refused to try it, telling me she no longer liked hummus <faints>
- 1 tin butterbeans, rinsed & drained
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 very big, loaded tbsp of natural yoghurt (I used Greek)
- lemon juice and pepper to taste
- chili powder (optional)
- put the beans, garlic, tahini & yogurt into your food processor
- whizz until smooth. Add more yougurt if you think it needs it.
- add lemon juice & pepper to taste
- add some chilli powder if you fancy it!