This recipe popped up when I was doing my online shop the other day & I thought it looked like one the kids would like for their pudding.
It was really easy to make apart from the toasting the oats – I managed to set my first attempt alight, and the second attempt only narrowly escaped cremation too! I seem to get better (safer) results if I pop the oats in a small frying pan & gently cook them that way!
The original recipe puts the oats in a layer in the middle of the yogurt, but we always just sprinkle on top.
It was absolutely delicious. DD1 asked half way through eating hers when we were going to have it again, and we have decided to try it with some flaked almonds next time.
Update: I wanted to feed this to the baby (9m) so omitted the sugar & there were no complaints from anyone!
- 6 tbsp porridge oats (I used the small cheapo ones)
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 400ml Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- sprinkle the oats and sugar (if using) on a baking tray & grill gently for 3-4 minutes, checking frequently! Turn every minute until golden and crisp.
- put the oats in a frying pan & gently brown, before mixing in the sugar (if using)
- mash 2 bananas and mix with the yogurt.
- put the banana/yogurt mix into 4 ramekins and top with the toasted oats.