I always thought I made good poached eggs (add egg to simmering pan (with vinegar) & simmer for 2 minutes), but this method works much better for me as I don’t have to keep an eye on the pan boiling over (because it’s turned off) – try googling “perfect poached eggs” you will get loads of suggestions, so if this doesn’t work for you, there’s bound to be another that does.
An added bonus to this method is (DH tells me) that the pan is MUCH easier to wash up afterwards!
- organic free-range eggs
- beans or tinned spaghetti
- have a pan of boiling water on the hob – I use a large pan & do two eggs at the same time
- crack the egg into a mug or ramekin
- turn the pan down to a simmer & gently slip the egg into the water
- put the lid on the pan & bring back to a very gentle simmer.
- set the timer for 3 minutes & turn the heat off
- take the egg out of the pan using a slatted spoon