I was searching the Betty Crocker site looking for a use for the packet of Bisquick I’ve got in the cupboard when I found this recipe for a Hot Fudge Sundae Cake. It was so easy to make & everyone loved it – a definate winner that we will be making again!
- 125g plain flour
- 115g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125ml milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150g packed brown sugar
- 30g baking cocoa
- 350ml hot water
- Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and 30g cocoa in small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over batter in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker. Let cake stand uncovered 30 to 40 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Spoon sauce over top.