After the success of the Little Golden Men, I thought I would try a different recipe and found these on mumsnet. They were ok (perhaps subbing mustard for cayenne made the difference?) , but I think I will stick to my little men.
- 50g self-raising flour
- pinch cayenne (I didn’t have any, so used mustard instead)
- 25g softened butter
- 80g finely grated red leicester
- 20g freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6Mix all ingredients together, either by hand or in a food processor. It might look crumbly but that’s OK. Knead it all together.
- Roll it out quite thinly on a floured board. Cut into short strips or stamp out into star shapes with a star-shaped cookie cutter and put on a non-stick, greased or lined tray in the oven for 10 minutes (check after 8)
- Cool cheese straws on a wire rack.