I found this recipe on the Tesco website & thought it might go down well – and I was right, DH & DD1(4) scoffed it down with a load of custard. DD2 (1.5) didn’t seem too keen, but she has been having a bad day with her teeth, so fx she likes it more next time (I have been told to make it again next weekend!)
Easy Apple Tart
- 250g puff pastry
- 60g butter, softened
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 60g ground almonds
- 35g plain flour
- 2-3 Heritage or Cox’s apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1tbsp apricot jam, mixed with 1tbsp boiling water
- 2tbsp demerara sugar
- custard, cream, or ice cream
- Preheat the over to Gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle approx 25cm x 15cm.
- Place on a baking sheet and cut half way through the pastry to make a 1cm border.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, gradually add the egg, stir in the almonds and flour until combined.
- Spread the mix over the base of the tart within the border. Top with the apple slices, over-lapping them slightly, brush with the apricot jam to glaze and sprinkle over sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. (it took more like 30min my oven)
- Enjoy hot or cold
Like this? How about: