My plan was to make some beany ones, and if they didn’t go down well, I would make a cheesy one instead. In the end I didn’t need the back-up plan, both DD1(3.11) & DD2(1.5) loved them, especially the ones with avocado in!
Note to self: Next time, make them ALL before serving – they were eating them as fast as I could cook (& cool) them, and I didn’t get to sit down until the girls had finished eating!
- large onion
- medium carrot
- red pepper
- tin chopped tomatoes
- tin kidney beans
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp coriander powder
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- packet of flour tortillas
- large garlic clove
- handful of fresh chopped coriander
- 150g organic Vegetarian Cheddar cheese
- Chop the onion, red pepper, garlic and dice the carrot. Gently fry the onion in the oil until golden and soft. Add the garlic, carrot and pepper and fry for another few minutes until the veg begin to cook. Add the coriander powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the tinned chopped tomatoes and and bring to the boil. Stir in the drained kidney beans. Add the smoked paprika and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, grate the cheese and chop the coriander. Lightly butter one side of the flour tortillas and place butter side down in a non stick frying pan, frying gently on a medium heat.
- Place 2-3 generous spoonfulls of the bean mixture and spread onto half of the tortilla. Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese and some coriander leaves onto the bean mixture and fold over the tortilla, to make a half circle. Press down gently to melt the cheese and compress the mixture.
- Cut the quesadilla into 2 or 4 pieces and serve.