I found this recipe on mumsnet & it reminded me that I need to try & find the recipe for a tagine DH & I used to eat *all* the time years ago!
DD1 (3.11) basically refused to eat anything other than the couscous – she tried the chickpeas & the sweet potatoes, but said they tasted yukky 😦 DD2 (1.5) ate most of it, but didn’t seem that keen.
- 200g carrots
- 200g potatoes
- 200g sweet potatoes
- 200g courgettes
- 200g onions
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 50g dried apricots (chopped)
- 50g raisins
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 bunch coriander (finely chopped)
- Harissa paste, to taste
- Chop all the veg up into big chunks, put them in the slow cooker with the chickpeas, dried spices, dried fruit and two cups of water.
- Mix well, then spread the tin of chopped tomatoes over the top.
- Cook for some time on hot (I think I left it on for about 5hrs)
- When all the veg are cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbling, add the chopped coriander and serve with couscous.