A friend was round the other day for a playdate & we ate some of the soft & chewy flapjacks DD1 & I had made the day before. I was bemoaning the fact that they were so yummy, yet far too unhealthy to have very often & she told me she had a variety of flapjack recipes, which she duly sent me. This is the first one, I think it’s originally from this book.
They were very easy to make, & tasty (both girls loved them). The first time I made them I used my (large) breakfast porridge oats, but they fell apart too easily, the second time I used the smaller (cheapo) oats & they were much better.
- 75g unsalted organic butter
- 40g honey (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 250g oats
- 25g sunflower seeds, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 30g dried fruit of your choice
- Oven 160 degrees
- Lightly grease & line a 20cm square tin
- Melt butter & honey together.
- Add bicarb and stir well.
- Add other ingredients and stir.
- Bake 15-20 mins until light golden.