These were one of the recipes published by the Vegetarian Society for this year’s National Vegetarian Week.
They were very easy to make, and tasted great even though my first attempt got a bit burnt on top. All the seedy goodness makes you feel quite virtuous too 🙂
- 50g organic butter (or vegan margarine*)
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 100g rolled or jumbo oats
- 50g ground flaxseed
- 50g dried goji berries or cranberries
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter (or margarine*) in a small pan, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pack into a small, foil lined loaf tin (approx. 18cm x 10cm) and bake for 25-30 minutes (Check at 15 & 20!), until crispy on top.
- Leave to cool for at least ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- Then wait a further 20 minutes before cutting into eight small bars.