mmmmm – I can’t believe it has taken me *so* long to get round to making these!
They were really easy to make, DD1 (3.11) loved rolling out the dough & cutting the little men out, DD2 (1.5) enjoyed playing with some flour & everyone enjoyed eating the end result – DH requested we make more after his first bite!
100g Grated vegetarian extra mature cheddar
50g Unsalted organic butter
80g Plain flour
1/2 tsp mild, sweet paprika (I used 1/4 tsp regular paprika)
1 tbsp cold water
- Preheat your oven to 180oC / 350F
- Using a food processor, mix the cheese, butter, flour and paprika together. Add enough cold water to make into a dough (I only needed 2 tsp).
- Turn out onto a clean work surface and kneed lightly.
- Roll out to 1-2mm thickness and cut out what shapes you fancy. We decided to stick with mamacook‘s Little golden men!
- Bake on non stick baking paper for 10 mins or until lightly browned. You want to catch these at the golden rather than dark brown stage.
- Put onto a cooling rack to cool down.
These apparently cook well from frozen in around 10-12 mins, so will have to make a big batch of the dough next time to try this out!