I’ve tried making a chocolate mug cake before & was very dissapointed (I can’t remember why exactly as it was a very long time ago, but I know I ended up throwing it away [shock] so it must have been bad!)
But I kept seeing pins about mug cakes on Pinterest, so I thought I would give this Peanut Butter one a go.
I made double the mix & split it between 3 mugs (I don’t have any over-sized mugs & I figured that would be more than enough for the girls.
This was the first one (2mins). Not a pretty sight, although it tasted ok-ish (both the girls loved it)
So I split what was in the other two mugs into three – they stayed in the mug, but still didn’t look that appetising…. it tasted ok-ish (1.5mins) – the girls both liked it, but I really wasn’t impressed – has anyone ever made a nice cake like this? Am I doing something wrong?
ingredients (for one)
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix everything together in an oversized coffee mug (I did it in a bowl & transferred to a mug later)
- Whisk well with a small whisk until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes and then take it out to check to see if it is done. If not, continue to microwave in thirty second intervals. My regular sized mug was done in 1.5mins. You don’t want to overcook it or it will become rubbery.
Note: You can also make this into two smaller-sized mugs. You can mix the batter all in one mug and then pour half into another mug. Make sure you cook each one individually.