I found a meal plan on wedonteatanythingwithaface’s blog last week & it suggested serving this squash soup with cheese scones which sounded ideal for tea with my cheese and squash-loving family & I wasn’t wrong, they all loved it!
I used cumin, rather than ginger as I am always making ginger soups and thought it would be good to have a change!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 litre/1 ¾ pt vegetable stock
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or ½ tsp cumin (optional)
- Black pepper to taste
- olive oil, for frying
- Fry the onion and garlic gently in a little olive oil.
- Add the squash and celery.
- Stir in the stock, ginger/cumin and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20-30 mins.
- Blend, until smooth.