I found a meal plan on wedonteatanythingwithaface’s blog last week & it suggested having squash soup with cheese scones which sounded like a fantastic idea to me! AND I thought they would go down pretty well with my cheese and squash-loving family – I wasn’t wrong, they wolfed them down!
I cooked the scones in my small oven, which is very narrow. Because I cooked them on different shelves, they were ready at two different times which worked out quite well – I think if the second scone had been available straight away less soup would have been eaten!
- 200g SR flour
- 50g organic butter
- 100g grated organic strong cheddar-type cheese
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- 10 tbsp organic milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Mix the butter, mustard, parprika (if using) & flour together. I did this in my food processor & it worked really well!
- Tip the mixture into a mixing bowl, add the cheese & stir
- Slowly add the milk – 9-10 tbsp was how much I needed to make a firm dough.
- Roll it out to no thinner than 2cm thick, then cut out the scones with a round biscuit cutter. Place on a baking tray & put in the oven
- This mix made 8 large scones which took about 15mins to cook.