hmmm…. Tofu in a honey & orange sauce sounded strange, but I thought I would give it a go!
It was actually quite nice – a bit too sweet for me (DH thought it was fine), and the sauce was too runny, but the way it soaked into the tofu was lovely.
Notes for next time: Use less honey & add some cornflour to the sauce
- 0.5 brick of firm tofu
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 50ml soy sauce
- 50ml orange juice
- 50ml honey
- fresh broccoli florets
- Drain your tofu well and chop into bite-sized chunks
- Add the honey, soy sauce, orange juice & crushed garlic to the slow cooker & put on high.
- heat some oil in a pan & gently brown the tofu
- add the tofu to the slow cooker and mix
- wash and cut your fresh broccoli, then add to the mix
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours until the broccoli is tender
- serve with rice