I’ve lost the recipe my spanish friend gave me for this, but this one by Delia sounded familiar except it’s not what I did.
I used cold, pre-cooked potatoes (because I had some that needed eating), and I didn’t try to turn it – my frying pan is too big & heavy for me to attempt it, so I just popped it under the grill like I do for frittata. Perhaps I’ll try it the “proper” way next time!
The girls both loved this, so I will definately be making this again – any leftovers can go into my lunchbox the next day!
- 1 medium onion
- 275g potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large free-range eggs
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- some salad – tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce etc
Instructions (or rather, what I did!)
- put the grill on
- slice your pre-cooked potatoes as thinly as possible.
- heat some of the oil in the pan
- add the onions, and cook over a low heat for 10 mins or so until they are tender
- add the potatoes
- break the eggs into a large bowl & whisk lightly
- when the potatoes & onions are ready, add them to the beaten eggs & mix
- add some more oil to the frying pan, and tip the mixture into it
- turn the heat down to the lowest setting & leave to cook for 20 mins
- finish cooking it, by popping it under the grill for a few minutes.
- Serve, warm or cold with salad.