Below is what I made for DD1 & DD2. Obviously you can change the veg to suit your tastes & whatever you have in the fridge.
It was quite clear that DD2 loved it – particularly the cheese. DD1 (3.10) said she liked it, except for the peppers, and of course the mushrooms…. I think I need to try some different veg next time!
- 3 peppers (red, orange & yellow)
- 4 mushrooms
- 0.5 butternut squash (peeled)
- ½ pack of halloumi cheese
- For the dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon/lime juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Other veg to try:
- pitta bread/wrap/flatbread
- cous cous/cooked rice/pasta
- Chop/slice all the veg. and place them (except the mushrooms) in a roasting dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and some fennel seeds if you have them.
- Roast for approximately 30 mins at 180 C/Gas 4, or until the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Turn the vegetables and add the chopped mushrooms and halloumi cheese.
- Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Meanwhile make up the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the veg. and return to the oven for 5 minutes to heat through and cook the garlic.