I love quinoa, so thought these little bites would be perfect for the girls tea. DD2 (1.4) loved them, but then she loves eating everything, but DD1 (3.10) wouldn’t eat them as they had “hoops” (quinoa) in <sigh>
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup carrots, chopped finely
- 2 stalks celery, chopped finely
- Half of an onion, chopped finely
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP’s all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once quinoa is cooked, let cool a little and put into a big bowl.
- Saute the carrots, onions, and celery in a pan until golden brown. Add sauce (if wanted) at this point, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- In bowl with quinoa, add flour, eggs, carrots, celery, and onion and mix well. The mixture should stick together.
- Line mini muffin pans with little baking cups (I didn’t do this the first time, and they kind of stuck to the pan even though I sprayed it with non-stick spray).
- Fill cups almost to the top and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.