I only made half the mix as I didn’t have enough apples. As usual DD2 (1.4) scoffed it down, but DD1 (3.10) wasn’t so keen – apparently it was too “fall-aparty” – perhaps I should have chopped the apples smaller?
- 5 cups unpeeled, cored apples
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9X13 baking pan.
- Chop apples into small pieces and combine with sugar in a large bowl. Stir until evenly mixed, set aside.
- Combine oil, eggs, and vanilla in small bowl.
- In another large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Combine egg and flour mixtures until evenly missed, then slowly add to apples.
- Stir until well combined. Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake 25-30 min or until cake test done. Cool before serving.
- Follow directions above, cooking cake completely.
- Cut into 12 squares and transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Flash Freeze for 1 hour. Divide among indicated number of gallon freezer bags.
- Remove desired amount of cake pieces, thaw on counter 1 hour.
- Warm for 10 sec in microwave if desired.